With pressing F8, I can get into Safe Mode half way and try the computer's Last Known Good Configuration lead me nowhere..
Solution: according to this link :
01. Reboot your computer while it's starting up.
03. When the Startup repair starts, click cancel. The current repair operation cannot be cancelled.
wait for a while, system might reshut down again. Try same procedure then.
05. Click the link "View advanced options for recovery and support"
07. In Command Prompt type this and press enter: %windir%\system32\notepad.exe
THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED.
I have to manual change directory to there:
08. Notepad will open. In notepad go to File-->Open.
09. Change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files (see pic)
10. Now in Notepad, go to C:\Windows\winsxs\ (or whichever drive Windows is installed on, sometimes D:\ )
11. In that folder, find pending.xml and make a copy of it
12. Now open the original pending.xml (it will load really slow because the file is huge)
13. Press CNTRL+F and search for the following exactly: 0000000000000000.cdf-ms
14. Delete the following text (yours will be a little different):
Your PC might not have all 3 sections of code (
, , ). Just make sure you delete section "Checkpoint" and whatever other sections have "000000000000000.cdf-ms". They will be right next to eachother.
15. Save the file, close notepad, close command prompt, restart your computer.
Windows 7 finally back to life.
Windows 7 SP1 still not installed with this error message:
error: error invalid parameter(0x80070057)
Another post from MS: