- Chassis intrusion detection. didn't solve problem after chassis been put back.
- Fan controller fails: No visible fan stop work.
- LED signal did not show abnormal light, cannot tell since out of site.
- LSI megaraid controller's webbios indicated one broken HDD, since the beep sound did not come up rom getting into MB Bios, it only appear after megeraid bios click in.
- 3 internal 250 sata found in server, 1 possible broken, removed from server, then replaced with 1 GB HDD, server seems still working, only showing 500 GB HDD. suspected its on RAID 5 configuration.
- with everest inventory module, it reveal the existence of megaraid controller, and external 250 GB USB HDD(this HDD misguided us about whole Raid structure).
- Since server seem works fine, the only problem is that non stop beep, many tries were to stop that noisy.(net stop beep command and windows register hack to no avail).
- Using logmein.com service to remote control the server unit, VNC did not work.
- Intel active server software display the storage function, yet it only log when HDD unit were plug in and out, not really mention how it was working fine or not.
- eventviewer service seem not help to reveal server problem.
- for Raid 5 configuration, minimum number of HDD is 3, this is what get me thinking its Raid 5, but as a logical unit, are we supposed to see the full size displayed? Currently there's 500 GB logical driver for this 2 units 250 GB physical HDD, are we supposed to see the full amount less than the combination? could this whole HDD raid system be possible to configure as Raid 0 in the first place? considering total size of 500 GB and external USB hdd used?
- the supposed failed HDD was detected like non-initialized HDD through USB connected to another normal system?
- Do we need same size HDD( or similar size) to do raid?
- how do we know surely and quickly which drive is the faulty one?
- since those HDD were built about the same time, will one failed indicated other 2 HDD are on the same track to be failed in the near future?
To be continued................
- here shows concern as noob trying to construct a raid 0 system on S5000VSA, not mention webbios at all, only intel embedded bios raid controller, is that soft based raid.
- here explained new SATA 3 Gb/s HDD may be caused failure.
- here explained SEL server event viewer, interesting subject, whats difference with system event viewer?
- here intel site related info regarding this board.
- here intel site list Utilities, Tools and Examples,
- here and here intel site info:"RAID and Storage options available on S5000 and S3200 based Server Systems", explained there's only software raid available, instead hardware raid.